One commenter, Craig Anthony, wrote:
- fairness for voters
- fairness for parties
- fairness for MLAs
- more effective local representation,
- more voter choice,
- more accountability,
- better rural representation,
- better representation of women,
- more power to the voters and less to the politically connected,
- more consensual governing,
- more stable government because of less drastic policy swings between governments,
- a better investment, business and labour climate,
- and voters deciding how they want to be governed.
People who support FPTP evidently don’t want these things. Who wouldn’t want these things? Obviously, people who don't know enough about it or who personally benefit from the current system.
If you want these things, support BC-STV.
This is an exciting time for democracy. This is a chance for voters to have a say.