Monday, February 16, 2009

Happy Canadian Citizenship Day!

On February 16, 1947, the British subjects living in Canada became Canadian citizens.

I do want to wish everyone a belated Happy Flag Day when Canada received its red and white maple leaf flag on February 15, 1965.

To my American friends, Happy President's Day! It's the first time in a long time that this day is worth celebrating. Anyway, have fun shopping.

To my Lituanian friends (actually, I do not have any), Happy Independence Day (1918)!

Let me not forget tomorrow. I want to wish myself a Happy Birthday! I'll be 29 again!

I think Canadians who do have the day off should celebrate Canadian Heritage Day when we can celebrate (but not go cookoo over) the Canadian flag and becoming Canadian citizens. Families can still celebrate together and it has more meaning than Family Day.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I was nine when the Red Ensign was lowered for the last time, and I still mourn it.

Skinny Dipper said...

Enjoy the flags of Manitoba and Ontario. I still can't tell which one is which. At least I know that they are different from the blue ensign flags of Australia and New Zealand. I do know that Australia has white stars and New Zealand has some red stars. I think Fiji also has a blue ensign flag with blue diamonds, yellow moons, and green clovers.