Monday, April 5, 2010

Nominate your nominee for the next Governor-General

Do you know any interesting Canadians who might be interested in becoming the next Governor-General of Canada?  You may nominate a well known Canadian, a not-so-well know Canuck, or a fellow Canadian blogger.  That person must be at least 18 years of age but not in dog years.  That person should own at least $4,000 of property in Canada, or have racked up a $4,000 Visa or Mastercard credit card bill.  He must be living; she must not be dead.  I don't know if that would disqualify Céline Dion.  I don't like her wailing/whaling music.

Feel free to nominate your Canadian for GG.  Give a reason or two if you want.  Next week, I will place all the nominated candidates on a preferential ballot for people to choose.  If you do not want your name on the ballot, that is fine by me so long as you agree to pay my $4,000 Visa bill.  Feel free to use your Mastercard if you have to.

9 comments:

Skinny Dipper said...

I nominate myself!

I want to change the colours of the Canadian flag to pink and white.

Skinny Dipper said...

Feel free to ad a link as I can provide links on the ballot. Appropriate sites only.

Balbulican said...

I nominate myself too. I've laid out the argument in detail here.

http://www.stageleft.info/2010/04/04/me-for-governor-general/

Skinny Dipper said...

Thanks Balbulican. I'll rank you my second or third choice after myself.

Anonymous said...

I nominate Louise Arbour.

Anne Peterson said...

I second the nomination for Louise Arbour. She's wonderful.

Skinny Dipper said...

I think I will nominate Dr. Dawg and Graham Fraser--the Official Languages Commissioner. Mr. Fraser is bilingual; so is Dr. Dawg even though he communicates in both English and some weird funky language.

http://drdawgsblawg.blogspot.com/2010/04/phnglui-mglwnafh-cthulhu-rlyeh-wgahnagl.html

Anonymous said...

Hi, Skinny Dipper

Sorry, I know you want the job, but I think Rick Hanson would be a terrific choice.

Maybe even Joe Clark?

Frank Mckenna?

How about Bobby Orr?

How about 72 hero Paul Henderson?

I just don't want to see some CPC bagman or hack get the job.

Skinny Dipper said...

What? No KKKate? I miss reading the Blogging Tories since I went on a Blogging Tory diet at the beginning of February. Two months is pretty good so far.