Tuesday, January 3, 2012

My NDP leadership rank-ballot poll mentioned on CTV by Alice Funke from Pundits' Guide

I was watching CTV Power Play's Don Martin interview Alice Funke from Pundits' Guide.  Even though she didn't mention my blog or blog name, she did briefly mention my rank-ballot poll for the next NDP leadership.  I will state that I am not working for any candidate in real life.  I will not be supporting any candidate on my blog.  Ms. Funke did mention that people can track the transfer of votes from candidates dropping out to those remaining.

I will emphasize that the poll is not scientific.  I am encouraged that more people are participating--perhaps multiple times.  I do limit voting to one per hour.

NDP leadership rank-ballot poll

2 comments:

The Pundits' Guide said...

Participating in and watching the poll unfold has been a very interesting exercise. Thank you for this worthwhile initiative.

Skinny Dipper said...

You're welcome. Even though the exercise is not very scientific, one can still get a lot of information such as the general trends and where the transfer of votes are going.

As much as I want to vote every hour, I do limit myself to voting once per day. Even then, I make it a rule not to see the results before I vote. Sometimes my order of preference does change.

The past 24 hours have been the most exciting in terms of the volume of votes. I have advertised my survey in the comments sections on different websites when an article or column has been about the NDP race. I look forward to seeing the similarities and differences between the survey and the actual vote.