Saturday, March 26, 2011

Harper thinks this election is unnecessary

The Liberals, Bloc, and NDP voted against the HarperGovermnent (TM) on a motion of non-confidence.
Duration between October 14, 2008 and May 2, 2011 elections: 930 days.

Harper called for an election that took place on October 14, 2008.
Duration between January 23, 2006 and October 14, 2008 elections: 995 days.

Harper's Conservatives voted against the Paul Martin Liberal government in December 2005 on a motion of non-confidence.
Duration between June 28, 2004 and January 23, 2006: 574 days.

According to Harper, it's not OK to have an election after 930 or 995 days.  However, He thought it was OK to have an election after 574 days after His party helped defeat the Paul Martin Liberal government.

I guess according to Harper, elections are unnecessary (and expensive) unless He thinks they are necessary.  To think, I almost supported Harper's Senate reform proposal, but I changed my mind because Canadians would be forced to have more unnecessary elections.  Actually, when I think about Harper's Senate reform proposal, I should have added a Bev Oda "NOT."

No comments: